Town striker quizzed by police again
IPSWICH Town striker Darren Bent has been questioned by police officers, after a second youngster claimed the star shot at him with a BB gun.The news comes just two weeks after the 20-year-old striker was arrested and quizzed following an alleged shooting incident in Kesgrave, near Ipswich.
IPSWICH Town striker Darren Bent has been questioned by police officers, after a second youngster claimed the star shot at him with a BB gun.
The news comes just two weeks after the 20-year-old striker was arrested and quizzed following an alleged shooting incident in Kesgrave, near Ipswich.
The latest reported incident is said to have happened at the same time as the first incident, at a play area in Baird Grove in the village.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Suffolk police can confirm they have spoken to a 20-year-old man who was arrested on Wednesday 12 May on suspicion of possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause violence, following an incident in which a 12-year-old boy was allegedly shot at with a BB gun.
You may also want to watch:
"We can confirm that we have spoken to the same 20-year-old man in connection with a second incident involving another 12-year-old boy which occurred at the same time on Tuesday 11 May."
In the first incident, reported to police by the boy's mother, it was alleged that the youngster was hit in the back by a pellet but did not require medical attention.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 9 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 10 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
Following the ensuing media coverage, a member of the second boy's family came forward and claimed he had also been hit in the back.
Bent, one of the country's most exciting young prospects, was questioned again by officers in the last couple of days. He is due to answer bail on June 12.
BB guns are gas or spring-loaded soft air guns that fire small plastic pellets up to 100 metres and can be bought by teenagers over the age of 17.
Ipswich Town Football Club declined to comment on the development last night.