Severe delays on the A12 as traffic grows in several areas
- Credit: Archant
The A12 in north-Essex is clogged with slow moving traffic which is causing delays heading in both directions.
Slow moving vehicles are causing traffic northbound and southbound between Chelmsford and Colchester.
At Hatfield Peverel their is slow traffic northbound between junction 18 to the A414 Maldon Road, Danbury, and junction 20A, Bury Lane, Hatfield Peverel South.
On the other side of the carriageway queues are also building between junction 26 the A1124 at Eight Ash Green/the Tollgate Interchange and junction 21 B1389 at Hatfield Road, Witham South.
Further along the A-road delays are building as the carriageway nears Colchester.
At Feering there are delays of two minutes on London Road heading westbound with average speeds of just 15 mph.
There are also Delays of up to three minutes on Coggeshall Road westbound between the A12 at Marks Tey and the A120.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 6 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 7 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors
Average speeds here are at just 5mph.
Check back with us for all of your traffic updates.