Severe delays on the A12 as traffic grows in several areas
- Credit: Archant
The A12 in north-Essex is clogged with slow moving traffic which is causing delays heading in both directions.
Slow moving vehicles are causing traffic northbound and southbound between Chelmsford and Colchester.
At Hatfield Peverel their is slow traffic northbound between junction 18 to the A414 Maldon Road, Danbury, and junction 20A, Bury Lane, Hatfield Peverel South.
On the other side of the carriageway queues are also building between junction 26 the A1124 at Eight Ash Green/the Tollgate Interchange and junction 21 B1389 at Hatfield Road, Witham South.
Further along the A-road delays are building as the carriageway nears Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
At Feering there are delays of two minutes on London Road heading westbound with average speeds of just 15 mph.
There are also Delays of up to three minutes on Coggeshall Road westbound between the A12 at Marks Tey and the A120.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
Average speeds here are at just 5mph.
Check back with us for all of your traffic updates.