Essex and Suffolk roads both affected by abnormal load on the move
- Credit: Archant
A wide load with police escort is set to cause tailbacks in Essex and Suffolk when it travels down the A12.
Motorists are advised they may experience delays on Tuesday 30 October as police escort the transportation of an abnormal load to Bawdsey around 9.30am.
The load will be escorted from London to Ferry Road, Bawdsey, Woodbridge.
This load is being transported after roads in Ipswich were left closed for hours while giant transformers for Suffolk’s future off-shore wind farm we moved out of the town to a substation in Burstall.
The route will be as follows:
• A12 Essex Border
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 8 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
• Sutton Common
• Heath Rd
• The Street
• Fox Hill
• Alderton Rd
• Hollesley Rd
• The Street
• Bawdsey Ferry Rd
• Local Roads to Site
Suffolk Police will escort the load from A12 first layby north after Martlesham Park & Ride to destination.
Delays can be expected along these routes.