Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A road near the A14 is currently closed after a "serious" two-vehicle crash at Elmswell.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the crash on the A1088 which leads to the A14 just before 11.45am today, Wednesday, January 19.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said: "The road is currently closed as emergency services attend to the incident.
"Ambulance crew, the fire service and a volunteer paramedic from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) are also in attendance."
A spokesman for the fire service confirmed that two vehicles were involved and four appliances are currently in attendance.
The extent of any injuries is not yet known but the East of England Ambulance Service has been approached for a comment.
Anyone with any information is being asked to contact the Roads and Armed Policing Team, quoting reference: CAD 102 of today, January 19.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.