Air ambulance called to serious two-vehicle collision on A144
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
The A144 near Halesworth has reopened after an air ambulance was called to a serious collision between two vehicles on Sunday evening.
Officers from Suffolk police received reports of the incident at Stone Street, north of the town, at around 9.40pm last night.
An ambulance and fire crews were also called to the scene.
The conditions of the motorists involved in the collision are not known at this time.
A police spokesman confirmed the road remained closed in both directions for several hours after the incident, but it reopened later in the morning.
Officers are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward, quoting CAD 346 of August 15.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster