Delays warning as 48-tonne boat is transported across region
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that they could face delays as an abnormal load is transported through the region.
A boat weighing more than 48 tonnes will be moved from Cumbria to Lowestoft Marina on Wednesday, April 21.
Suffolk Police has issued the warning to drivers ahead of Norfolk Police escorting the 22m long boat to Lowestoft Marina on South Elmham Terrace.
With delays expected tomorrow, a police spokesman said: "Motorists are advised they may experience delays on Wednesday, April 21 as police escort a boat 4.8m wide, 4.95m wide, 22m long and weighing 44,000kg.
"The load will be escorted from Whitehaven, Cumbria to Lowestoft Marina on South Elmham Terrace, Lowestoft."
You may also want to watch:
The route will be as follows: A14 Cambs Border – A146 – A143 – A146 – A1117 – B1531 – local roads to site A1378333.
Norfolk police will escort the boat from the A47 lay-by eastbound between West Drove and Terrington St John to Lowestoft Marina.
You can keep up to date with all the latest delays on the region's roads by viewing our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks