Road reopens after lorry overturns following 'serious' crash
- Credit: Steve Wood
A road has reopened after it was closed for a number of hours following a lorry overturning in Colchester.
Emergency services were called to the overturned vehicle in St Andrews Avenue just before 9pm last night (May 12).
An Essex Police spokesman initially said: "Emergency services are on scene of an overturned lorry.
"Road closures are currently in place at St Andrews Avenue, Greenstead Road and at the rail crossing in Harwich Road.
"We would ask drivers to avoid the area and to find alternative routes.
"We’d like to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the collision or anyone who may have dash cam footage to contact us."
The spokesman has since confirmed that the road reopened at about 1.30am today, Friday, May 13.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Parents uproar at Suffolk school's leavers day 'cancellation'
- 3 Award-winning scotch egg producer takes over Melton butchers shop
- 4 Five Suffolk walks with a fish and chip shop pitstop
- 5 West Suffolk Mexican restaurant named among best in the UK
- 6 20 homes in mid Suffolk set for green light despite parish council concerns
- 7 6 gorgeous woodland escapes in Suffolk
- 8 Fire almost totally destroys building during blaze at car body workshop
- 9 'A very mixed bag' - Harper's loan at Crewe analysed
- 10 Reeling Rams are the biggest question mark among relegated sides
Anyone with any information to the serious crash should contact Essex Police quoting the incident number 1334 of May 12.
You can also call us on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.