Two lanes of A14 blocked after three-car crash
- Credit: Google Maps
Two lanes of the A14 near Newmarket were blocked this morning after a three-car crash on the eastbound carriageway.
Police, fire crews and the ambulance service were called to a crash near junction 38 shortly before 10am today.
Fire crews from the Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Burwell stations were called to the scene.
A fire service spokesman confirmed three cars were involved in the collision, with one crashing into the central reservation.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said lanes two and three of the road were blocked while the vehicles are being recovered.
The AA traffic map suggested the road had cleared by 12pm.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s