Orwell Bridge cleared after collision causes delays outside Ipswich
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A lane of the A14 Orwell Bridge outside Ipswich has been cleared after a collision caused traffic jams.
Highways England said on Twitter that the incident happened between junctions 56 and 57 of the westbound carriageway at around 1pm.
Officers from Suffolk police were called to the scene.
The conditions of the motorists involved in the collision are not currently known.
The AA traffic map suggested vehicles were able to pass at an average speed of just 10mph.
You may also want to watch:
As of 3.30pm the road was cleared.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham