Motorists facing weeks of roadworks with 13 miles of diversions around village
- Credit: Google Maps
Motorists in rural East Suffolk are facing three weeks of 13-mile-long diversions.
Orford Road in Tunstall will close on Thursday, February 25 until March 19 for drainage works.
The road will be closed 24 hours a day during the work meaning that drivers will have to add an extra 25 minutes to their journeys around the village.
The diversion will be through Chillesford and Butley before going out to Bromeswell and then back round Eyke before coming back into Tunstall.
The roadworks will run on from another set of roadworks in the village, this time on Woodbridge Road, which began at the start of the week.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the closures being timed to be in place at the same time, notes on the Suffolk County Council roadworks map suggest that the full road closures for the two sets of works will not be in place at the same time.
- 1 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 2 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 3 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 4 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 5 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 6 Ex-Town star named as U's boss
- 7 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 8 Town boss Lambert a long shot for Celtic job after Lennon quits
- 9 Plan for 28 homes in village gets go-ahead
- 10 University of Suffolk ranks as worst in UK for dropout rates