Motorists facing weeks of roadworks with 13 miles of diversions around village
- Credit: Google Maps
Motorists in rural East Suffolk are facing three weeks of 13-mile-long diversions.
Orford Road in Tunstall will close on Thursday, February 25 until March 19 for drainage works.
The road will be closed 24 hours a day during the work meaning that drivers will have to add an extra 25 minutes to their journeys around the village.
The diversion will be through Chillesford and Butley before going out to Bromeswell and then back round Eyke before coming back into Tunstall.
The roadworks will run on from another set of roadworks in the village, this time on Woodbridge Road, which began at the start of the week.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the closures being timed to be in place at the same time, notes on the Suffolk County Council roadworks map suggest that the full road closures for the two sets of works will not be in place at the same time.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss