Delays expected as police escort storage tank through Suffolk
Motorists are being warned to expect delays on Wednesday as police escort a 94-tonne storage tank through Suffolk.
The abnormal load, measuring 4.3m wide, 4.5m high and 23m long, is set to leave the Cookson and Zinn plant in Pondhall Road, Hadleigh at noon.
From Pondhall Road, the tank will be transported to Duke Street before joining the A1071.
It will then join the A1214 before reaching the A14, where it will continue onto its final destination in Heysham, Lancashire.
Suffolk police will be escorting the load up to the A1214.
You may also want to watch:
Police have warned motorists delays are expected along the routes while the tanker is in transit.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 6 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company
- 10 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds