Tragic Frinton pedestrian, 93, is named
AN elderly pedestrian who died after being hit by a car in a coastal Essex town has been named by police.Mabel Sawtell, 93, of Fourth Avenue, Frinton, died after she was hit by a silver Toyota Corolla at about 3pm on Friday march 7.
AN elderly pedestrian who died after being hit by a car in a coastal Essex town has been named by police.
Mabel Sawtell, 93, of Fourth Avenue, Frinton, died after she was hit by a silver Toyota Corolla at about 3pm on Friday march 7.
She was certified dead at the scene. The driver of the car - an 83-year-old woman from Frinton - was uninjured in the crash.
The accident happened in Connaught Avenue close to the junction with the Esplanade and sections of both roads were closed for about three hours while road policing officers and forensic collision investigators examined the scene.
A police spokesman said: “Road police officers will also be examining CCTV footage to ascertain whether the moments leading up to the fatal road crash were captured on camera.”
Any witnesses to the collision have been urged to contact officers at Stanway Road Policing Unit on 01206 762512.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo