Train delays after overhead line failure
RAIL passengers are facing delays of up to 90 minutes after an overhead wire failure on the London mainline just north of Ipswich.Train services between Ipswich and Norwich are currently disrupted because of problems in the Claydon area.
RAIL passengers are facing delays of up to 90 minutes after an overhead wire failure on the London mainline just north of Ipswich.
Train services between Ipswich and Norwich are currently disrupted because of problems in the Claydon area.
A spokesman for train operator, One, said replacement buses had been ordered and would be running throughout this afternoon.
He said: “Services between London and Ipswich are running according to the timetable however past this point they have been terminated.
“Buses are in operation between Ipswich and Stowmarket and also between Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds to take passengers to Diss, Norwich and Cambridge.
“At the moment senior managers are on a telephone conference with officials from Network Rail to get an idea of the extent of the damage and how long repairs will take.”
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 8 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 9 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
- 10 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
Central and First Capital Connect bus services are accepting One railway tickets between London Kings Cross via Cambridge/Ely to Norwich.