Sick passengers and defective track causing widespread train delays
- Credit: Archant
A sick passenger in Chelmsford and defective track at Lakenheath are causing train delays across Greater Anglia’s rail network.
Parts of the Norwich - London Liverpool Street main line were closed this evening as the sick passenger was helped by train staff.
The passenger has now disembarked from the train.
Greater Anglia have said that train services running through stations on this line are returning to normal but some services may still be delayed.
There has also been delays around Lakenheath after a defective section of track caused services running through the station to slow down.
You may also want to watch:
This line has now also reopened but delays are expected until at least 8.30pm this evening.
On top of these issues, the rail provider is also advising customers that many trains running this evening have a reduced number of working toilets or none at all.
Check the Greater Anglia Journey Check for their latest updates.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe