Train fault sparks delays on Greater Anglia services between Suffolk, Essex and London
- Credit: Archant
Passengers travelling on Greater Anglia services between Suffolk, Essex and London are facing delays and cancellations this morning due to a train fault.
A problem with the braking system on the 7.23am Southend Victoria to London Liverpool Street caused it to stop between Shenfield and Brentwood.
Greater Anglia bosses have said trains running through both stations are being delayed by up to 25 minutes or cancelled.
Disruption is expected until at least 10.30am.
A spokesman for the rail operator said: “The 7.23am Southend Victoria to London Liverpool Street had come to a stand on one of the London-bound tracks with a fault on the train, suspected to be involving the trains braking system.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver investigated the issues, liaising with our fleet support technicians and has now managed to move the train back into Shenfield to clear the main lines towards London.
“Platform 1 at Shenfield will be occupied by the faulty train for some time, so other train will use alternative platforms.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
The 8.48am London Liverpool Street to Braintree and the 10am Braintree to London Liverpool Street are among those cancelled so far.
See a full list using Greater Anglia’s JourneyCheck tool.