Train passengers face delays
TRAIN passengers are facing delays and cancellations after a fatality on the line at Manningtree.The incident happened at about 12.30pm and is currently being investigated by the British Transport Police and the East of England Ambulance Service.
TRAIN passengers yesterday faced delays and cancellations after a fatality on the line at Manningtree station.
The incident happened just before 12.30pm and saw British Transport Police and the East of England Ambulance Service called to the scene.
All passengers on the train involved - the 11.30am service from Norwich to London Liverpool Street - were taken off and checked over by medics, as was the female driver. No-one suffered any physical injuries.
Ambulance operations manager Trevor Redburn said: “When we arrived it was immediately clear that the man was dead. Tragically there was nothing that could be done to save him.”
You may also want to watch:
The man killed in the accident is believed to be 34 and from the local area. British Transport Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
A spokesman for rail operator One said there were delays of between an hour to 90 minutes, but the service was running as normal by 2pm.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
During the incident no trains ran through Manningtree. Bus replacement services were put in place between Colchester, Manningtree and Ipswich, and between Manningtree and Harwich.
As a result of the accident, the 12 noon train from London was terminated early at Colchester, while the 3.30pm from London Liverpool Street to Norwich was cancelled.