Train stranded after incident
A TRAIN travelling between Ipswich and Norwich has broken down after hitting something on the track, it has emerged.
A TRAIN travelling between Ipswich and Norwich broke down after hitting something on the track, it has emerged.
The train, which was due to arrive in Norwich at 10.15am, is believed to have suffered a split break pipe preventing air from getting to the brakes.
It eventually arrived in Norwich about three hours later than scheduled after another train was sent out to rescue it.
One passenger said: “We heard a noise, like the train hit a stone, and it then slowly ground to a halt.
You may also want to watch:
“We can't go anywhere at the moment, we are going to have to be rescued but because of the problems happening down south it is likely to take a while.”
The service, which left Ipswich station at about 9.21am, was stuck between Diss and Norwich after coming to a standstill at about 10am.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
The additional delays caused by the incident will cause further disruptions for commuters travelling on the mainline this morning, after heavy snow hit the region overnight.