Transit van and BMW collide on A14 eastbound in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A two-vehicle crash on a dual carriageway in Suffolk caused traffic delays for rush-hour drivers tonight.
Police were called to the A14 eastbound in Bury St Edmunds, just after the Sainsbury’s turnoff, around 4.50pm to reports of a collision between a BMW car and a Transit van.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said the motorists were believed to have suffered minor injuries.
However, both vehicles were badly damaged and required recovering from the scene.
There were reports of slow moving traffic in the area following the crash.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent three crews - two from Bury St Edmunds and one from Elmswell - to a crash on the A14 eastbound at 5pm.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo