Travel: Collision closes A12 at Kelvedon
A ONE vehicle collision on the A12 has left the northbound carriageway closed.
Motorists travelling northbound at Kelvedon are stuck in lengthy tailbacks and queuing traffic.
The incident took place at the Kelvedon bypass, and a diversion through the centre of Kelvedon has been put in place.
Delays to journey times are between 45 and 55 minutes, with congestion building as far as Witham South.
Police were called to the incident at 6.11pm after the blue Ford Fiesta collided with a crash barrier. The male driver suffered serious cuts to his head but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Colchester General Hospital by ambulance. Rail provider Greater Anglia is reporting a good service on the main line between Norwich and London Liverpool Street.
- If you spot a crash call the newsdesk on 01473 324788
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial