Travel: Collision leaves one lane of A12 closed
A CRASH between a lorry and a motorcycle left one lane of the A12 closed - causing rush-hour chaos for commuters.
Essex police said that the collision took place on the southbound carriageway near to Ardleigh at 6.11am.
Motorists were left in tailbacks as far as East Bergholt, as minor delays ensued.
A spokesman for Essex police said: “The incident involved a motorcycle, a pick-up truck and a lorry.
“The motorcyclist suffered leg injuries after falling from his bike.
You may also want to watch:
“The pick-up truck and HGV then collided attempting to avoid the fallen motorcyclist.
“The road was fully closed by 6.30am, one lane was re-opened at 7.04am and then the road was completely re-opened by 8.20am.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
In Suffolk, a spate of minor incidents have caused knock-on travel problems for road users.
A broken down car is causing disruptions on the A14’s eastbound carriageway near Sproughton.
Drivers are urged to approach the area with care.
Firefighters were called to the A1065 at Lakenheath at 7.45am, after a three car crash which partially blocked the road near to RAF Lakenheath.
The incident left petrol on the road and firefighter washed down the spillage before leaving the scene.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police said that there had been no other reported issues on the county’s roads.
Meanwhile, rail passengers can expect a pleasant journey, with no problems on the tracks this morning.
Weather conditions are set to be mainly dry with sunny spells.
In the afternoon, there is a small chance of an isolated shower. Top temperatures will be 6C, with a light wind sweeping in from the southeast.