Travel latest: Traffic flowing after earlier delays on A14
Traffic is flowing normally on the A14 near Ipswich following delays earlier this morning.
There were reports of slow traffic on the westbound carriageway near Copdock between junctions 56 and 55 due to roadworks.
A spokeswoman for the Highways Agency said that the delays were as a result of work to improve the Copdock Interchange.
She said: “The work will be carried out 24 hours a day and will continue for seven months.
“During the work a temporary 40mph speed limit will be in force at both junctions, with a 50mph speed limit on the junction approaches.
You may also want to watch:
“At the southern exit from the Dock Spur roundabout the offside lane of the A14 will be closed.
“There will be lane closures in place most nights and on a limited number of nights there will be convoy working, with dates to be published once confirmed.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 5 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
“The scheme has been designed to accommodate additional traffic generated by the Port of Felixstowe expansion and is being funded by the Felixstowe Dock and Railway Company.”
This morning’s weather forecast is for sunny intervals with temperatures reaching 12 degrees.