Travel: Road closed for six hours after collision
TRAVEL: The stretch of the A140 has reopened following a collision involving two lorries and a car.
The crash happened at around 2.20pm near the Chilli Farm, Mendlesham.
Traffic was left queuing in both directions after one of the lorries, carrying livestock, overturned and a car left the road and entered a ditch.
A woman and child inside the car, a Renault Scenic, were both taken to hospital, along with the driver of the overturned lorry.
The driver of the second lorry, which was carrying wine, was treated by paramedics at the scene. No one was thought to be seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Debenham, Needham and Stowmarket were also called to the scene.
The road was blocked to allow another lorry to collect the livestock and a vet was also called to ensure the animals were safe.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
Suffolk Police said the carriageway was reopened at 8.45pm.