Travel: Signalling fault in Ilford causes delays to services in Suffolk and Essex
- Credit: Archant
A signalling fault in Essex is disrupting services this morning from Colchester, Clacton, Braintree, Ipswich and Norwich.
Abellio Greater Anglia said the earlier fault at Ilford may cause cancellations and delays of up to 10 minutes to services running through the station until at least 9am.
Network Rail engineer had repaired the fault by 6.30am after it caused two of the station’s four lines to be blocked.
“Delays, cancellations and short notice alterations are likely to all services between Liverpool Street and Gidea Park, Shenfield, Southend Victoria, Southminster and via Chelmsford to Braintree, Colchester, Clacton Ipswich and Norwich,” a spokesman said.
The delays follow further problems with the line earlier this week, which fuelled fierce criticism from commuters and politicians.
Over-running engineering work by Network Rail led to a series of cancellations to early-morning services on Tuesday.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man