Travel: Two incidents causing delays on the roads
TWO incidents on the county’s roads are causing delays for motorists this morning.
A biker has suffered leg injuries following a collision between a car and bike in Bury.
The incident occurred in Tollgate Lane in Bury St Edmunds at 6.56am.
The road is currently closed in both directions at the Philip Road junction and the man is expected to be taken to hospital.
Officers are also on the scene of an accident on the A14 eastbound between junctions 55 and 56 near the Copdock Interchange.
A car is reported to be in the central reservation and one lane is currently blocked as officers work to recover the vehicle and clear the debris.
There are no reported injuries from the incident.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 5 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 9 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
Drivers are also advised that the Cornhill in Bury St Edmunds is still closed from the Butter Market junction because of the fire at the Strada restaurant.
Relief crews have been on the scene overnight with crews from Princes Street Ipswich, Haverhill and Wickhambrook attending as well as the turntable ladder from Ipswich East. Ongoing relief crews will be attending.
There’s good news for commuters as train operator Greater Anglia is reporting a good service this morning.