Travel update: Freeze hits trains but roads escape the worst
RUSH hour rail commuters are facing delays in Essex this morning as freezing temperatures hit the region.
National Express East Anglia are reporting journeys between Colchester and Clacton, due to the poor weather conditions.
But there are no major problems reported on the region’s roads, despite sub-zero temperatures overnight.
The only incident is on the A146 at the New Road junction in Barnby, where traffic is slow due to hazardous driving conditions.
Forecasters are predicting temperatures are unlikely to rise about -1 degrees today.
You may also want to watch:
The freezing conditions will continue into the weekend, with snow forecast for both Saturday and Sunday.
For more weather details, or a specific forecast, speak to a Weatherquest forecaster on 09065 777675. Calls cost �1.50 per minute.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm