Travel & Weather: Foggy start and delays for train passengers
DRIVERS face foggy conditions on their morning drive but there are no reported serious accidents on the region’s roads.
There are currently delays to services between Ipswich and Lowestoft due to over-running engineering works on the line.
A spokesman for rail operators Greater Anglia said: “Train services between Ipswich and Lowestoft via Saxmundham and Beccles may be delayed by up to 30 minutes at short notice. Disruption is expected until 9.30am.”
Replacement road transport services are conveying passengers between Saxmundham and Ipswich and Woodbridge and Lowestoft until further notice. Arrangements have been made for Greater Anglia rail tickets to be accepted for these journeys.
A Coach service will also operate from Saxmundham to Ipswich and from Woodbridge to Lowestoft to supplement the train service.
You may also want to watch:
The morning fog will eventually clear but the rest of the day will be cloudy with some sunshine this afternoon. Temperatures are expected to reach about 17C.
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown