Road closed after tree falls onto home near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A large tree has fallen onto a residential property in Great Ashfield, near Bury St Edmunds.
Police are currently at the scene of the incident in which the tree is blocking the whole road.
The roof of the property has been damaged but no one in the house has been harmed.
The fallen tree has also taken down power cables and as a result UK Power Network has switched the power off to the area.
Tree surgeons arrived at the scene at 12.30pm and began working on removing the tree from the road at around 1.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Engineers from UK Power Networks have also arrived at the scene.
Traffic is currently being turned around and it is not sure how long the road will be closed for.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight