Bouncer accused of causing ABH requests crown court trial
- Credit: Archant
A former Stowmarket nightclub bouncer accused of causing actual bodily harm has requested a crown court trial.
Gary Sullivan, 34, of Sheering Mill Lane, Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, appeared before magistrates in Ipswich on Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to assaulting a man following an incident at Carbon nightclub on July 30, 2017.
It is alleged a man sustained injuries to his arm after being removed from the Station Road East club by Mr Sullivan while he was working as security at the venue.
Mr Sullivan was informed by magistrates that his case could either be heard at Suffolk Magistrates' Court or at Ipswich Crown Court as it is an either way offence.
Mr Sullivan requested the case be heard at crown court and he will appear on October 29.
You may also want to watch:
He was granted unconditional bail ahead of his crown court appearance later this month.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk