Trial date set for two Essex men accused of assault
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The trial of two men accused of assault will take place in July.
Before Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing yesterday were Peter McGauley, 31, of Pertwees Court, Colchester, and Anthony Coupland, 26, of Mumford Road, West Bergholt.
Both defendants pleaded not guilty to assaulting Mark Pettican causing him actual bodily harm on September 3 last year.
McGauley also pleaded not guilty to assaulting Leanne Connors by beating and threatening to damage windows belonging to Tracey Queen on the same date.
Coupland also denied driving while disqualified.
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned for a four day trial which will take place during a two week warned list commencing July 16.
Both defendants are on conditional bail.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk