Tributes paid to husband and wife John and Helen Dyal after four died in Worlington crash
- Credit: Archant
A couple from Prickwillow, near Ely, who died after a head on collision with a BMW M3 on the B1102 on Friday have been named by Suffolk police.
Retired teacher William John Dyal, 77, known as John, and his wife, 75-year-old graphic designer Helen, both died at the scene of Friday’s crash.
The Hyundai i30 they were travelling in suffered a head on collision with a BMW M3 at around 8.15pm on Friday.
Mr and Mrs Dyal, from Prickwillow, near Ely in Cambridgeshire, had been visiting Worlington, near Mildenhall, and were heading towards Freckenham when the crash happened.
Their family paid tribute to the couple in a statement released by Suffolk police.
It read: “It is with greatest sadness that we have lost our dearest parents, grandparents and siblings today in this tragic accident. Our hearts also go out to the families of the other casualties.
You may also want to watch:
“John, a retired art teacher, and Helen, fashion and graphic designer, are much loved and will be hugely missed by all their family and friends.”
The occupants of the BMW, which careered off the road and through two gardens before catching fire, died at the scene.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
They were 24-year-old Matthew Grant and a 28-year-old who has not yet been formally identified. Both are from Mildenhall.
Police are continuing to appeal for any witnesses who may have seen the collision or either of the vehicles prior to the crash.
Anyone with any information should contact the Suffolk Serious Collision Investigation team on 101 quoting CAD 415 of July 17.
A picture of the couple has not been released.