Trimley: Cycle challenge set to be even bigger this year
- Credit: Archant
Cyclists are hoping to give the Help for Heroes charity a big boost by taking part in a 50-mile ride through the Suffolk countryside.
Last year the event raised £1,500 for the soldiers’ charity, and this year organiser Karen Stratford is hoping more people will take part on Sunday, June 2 and help to raise an even bigger sum.
She said: “Last year was just brilliant and many of the riders said they enjoyed it so much they would really love to do it all over again.”
The ride sets off at 9.30am from the Hand in Hand pub, High Road, Trimley St Martin – registration is £10 but this is optional if people raise £30 or more sponsorship.
Celebrations will be held at the pub afterwards with a barbecue and a raffle with prizes donated by many business from the Felixstowe area, and riders’ family and friends are welcome to go along.
You may also want to watch:
The Sausage Shop, Trimley St Martin, has donated sausages, and Pedal Power, Martlesham, is offering a discount on all bike services to anyone taking part.
For more details, contact Miss Stratford on 07931 585099 or find the event on Facebook under Heroes Bike Ride Challenge.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Woman's body found in village home
- 7 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview