Trio remanded in custody after court appearance in connection with Sible Hedingham burglary
- Credit: Su Anderson
Three men appeared in court today in connection with an incident in Sible Hedingham.
The trio were charged with aggravated burglary, GBH with intent and possession of a firearm following an aggravated burglary in Rectory Road on February 6.
Charlie Simms, aged 22, of North Road in Great Yeldham, Kalebh Shreeve, aged 23, of Gibson Road in Halstead and Christopher Bergin, aged 27, of Hawkwood Road in Halstead appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court.
It follows an incident in which a man was shot in the thigh through a locked bedroom door as he barricaded himself away from intruders.
The victim was confirmed today as businessman Timothy Mardon, and the court heard his leg may still not be saved.
You may also want to watch:
They were remanded in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on March 23.
A watch stolen in the burglary remains outstanding. Anyone who has been offered this rare Tudor watch, worth £3,000, should contact Braintree CID on 101.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 8 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 9 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England