Trio remanded in custody after court appearance in connection with Sible Hedingham burglary
- Credit: Su Anderson
Three men appeared in court today in connection with an incident in Sible Hedingham.
The trio were charged with aggravated burglary, GBH with intent and possession of a firearm following an aggravated burglary in Rectory Road on February 6.
Charlie Simms, aged 22, of North Road in Great Yeldham, Kalebh Shreeve, aged 23, of Gibson Road in Halstead and Christopher Bergin, aged 27, of Hawkwood Road in Halstead appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court.
It follows an incident in which a man was shot in the thigh through a locked bedroom door as he barricaded himself away from intruders.
The victim was confirmed today as businessman Timothy Mardon, and the court heard his leg may still not be saved.
You may also want to watch:
They were remanded in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on March 23.
A watch stolen in the burglary remains outstanding. Anyone who has been offered this rare Tudor watch, worth £3,000, should contact Braintree CID on 101.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house