Tuddenham: Suffolk restaurant named as one of UK’s best
A BOUTIQUE hotel in Suffolk has been named as one of the top 50 restaurants in the UK.
Tuddenham Mill, a 15-bedroom hotel between Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket, is the only restaurant in the county that made it onto the Good Food Guide’s prestigious list for 2013.
General manager, Lyndon Barrett-Scott, said the award would help put the hotel and chef Paul Foster “on the map”.
Mr Barrett-Scott said: “It is a very honourable award because the Good Food Guide takes comments from diners.
“It is not some inspector coming in and judging us on set things. This is members of the public visiting us and then giving wonderful comments back.”
You may also want to watch:
The guide described Tuddenham Mill, which recently won a third AA rosette, as having “mesmerising skills in a seductive setting” and commended “faultless service”, “impeccable ingredients” and “exemplary cooking skills.”
Mr Foster, who has worked at the hotel for two years and was The Good Food Guide’s Up-and-Coming Chef 2012, was also singled out for praise.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
Mr Barrett-Scott said the chef, who featured in this year’s Great British Menu on BBC Two, helped promote Suffolk by his reliance on high quality locally-sourced and foraged ingredients, such as meadow sweet and mugwort.
He added: “Lots more people are coming to Suffolk and we are promoting everything that the county has to offer by using ingredients are locally sourced – including wines from Giffords Hall.”
To celebrate The Good Food Guide listing, Tuddenham Mill is offering a ‘Taste and Stay’ package including an eight-course taster menu from �135 per person.