Tumble dryer sparks blaze

A FIRE at a house in Braintree is believed to have been caused by a tumble dryer.

A FIRE at a house in Braintree is believed to have been caused by a tumble dryer.

Emergency services were called to Victoria Street at 10pm last night after a blaze broke out in a two storey house.

Crews from Braintree fire station tackled the flames wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reels.

The fire was out within 25 minutes and the house was then ventilated. No-one was injured in the drama.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus