Twins Stanley and Vinny in a close-shave for charity
- Credit: Rachel Edge
Big-hearted twin brothers Stanley and Vinny Cremen have have had their heads shaved to raise money for Cancer Research.
They underwent the hair-raising experience in front of cheering classmates at Tollgate Primary School in Bury St Edmunds after deciding they wanted to do something to help the charity.
Mum Katrina said: “Stanley went first and I think he was a little bit nervous but his friends were cheering him on so that was a help, and then Vinny had his turn and and he seemed fine.
“I actually got a bit tearful and emotional as I was watching, they both look totally different with no hair but I’m very proud of them.”
The big shave, performed by barber Kai Cook of Carter’s in Bury, along with a cake sale at the school, raised around £160 towards the youngsters’ target of £1,000.
Anyone wishing to make a donation can do so on via the ‘Vinny and Stanley’s Giving Page’ on the Cancer Research UK website.
You may also want to watch:
The page will close on April 22. when the boys will lead out Ipswich Town FC in their Championship fixture against Swansea City.
The club was so impressed with their fundraisng efforts it has made them matchday mascots and given their family VIP tickets for the game.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 6 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people