Two 13-year-old boys pursued by man
POLICE in Stowmarket are to conduct extra patrols around school areas in the town to reassure parents after two teenage boys were accosted by a man.
The two 13-year-old boys were walking across the recreation ground between 3.30pm and 3.40pm on Thursday when they were spotted by a man who started to follow them.
The man spoke “inappropriately” to the boys, who ignored him and continued walking along through Tavern Street and Bury Street and into and alleyway.
The man, who is described as being white, 5ft 10ins tall, in his mid-to-late 30s and with short black hair and stubble, had continued to follow the boys, who then ran away.
A police spokesman said: “The Stowmarket Safer Neighbourhood Team will be patrolling in school areas after closing time to provide extra reassurance for parents and children.”
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses who saw the suspicious man, who was wearing a red jacket, dark jeans and black trainers, can speak to Pc Denise Peachey at Stowmarket Police Station on 01473 613500 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1