Two arrested after crash tragedy
TWO people have been arrested in connection with a road accident in which a young man and woman were killed.The accident happened on a stretch of the A130 known as Essex Regiment Way, at its junction with Wheelers Lane in Chelmsford, at around 5pm on Sunday.
TWO people have been arrested in connection with a road accident in which a young man and woman were killed.
The accident happened on a stretch of the A130 known as Essex Regiment Way, at its junction with Wheelers Lane in Chelmsford, at around 5pm on Sunday.
The two victims of the double-fatal crash were travelling in a black Honda CRX which was involved in a head-on collision with a BMW and a Jeep Cherokee.
The driver of the BMW, a 26-year-old man from Chelmsford, suffered from shock after the collision but was otherwise unhurt.
The woman driver of the Cherokee and a 14-year-old boy who was a passenger in the vehicle were taken to hospital and later discharged. It is understood that the boy suffered from chest injuries. They were also from the Chelmsford area.
Police were yesterday in contact with the families of the two victims, a 20-year-old man from the Halstead area and an 18-year-old woman from Braintree.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 5 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 6 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 9 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
They were certified dead shortly after the collision. Three fire crews - two from Chelmsford and rescue tender personnel from Colchester - used heavy cutting equipment to free the victims from the Honda.
The stretch of the A130 where the crash happened was closed to traffic until around 9.30am yesterday while traffic police and forensic experts conducted a meticulous search for evidence.
Police have arrested two men - an 18-year-old and a 20-year-old - in connection with the collision.
They were driving a Ford Focus and a Toyota MR2 in the same direction as the Honda when the accident happened and are both from the Halstead area.
Both have been released on police bail until January while the investigation into the accident is carried out.
Yesterday police appealed for anybody who saw any of the vehicles involved on the A130 before the crash or saw the collision itself to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chelmsford road policing officers on 01245 240625.