Two arrested after crash tragedy
TWO people have been arrested in connection with a road accident in which a young man and woman were killed.The accident happened on a stretch of the A130 known as Essex Regiment Way, at its junction with Wheelers Lane in Chelmsford, at around 5pm on Sunday.
TWO people have been arrested in connection with a road accident in which a young man and woman were killed.
The accident happened on a stretch of the A130 known as Essex Regiment Way, at its junction with Wheelers Lane in Chelmsford, at around 5pm on Sunday.
The two victims of the double-fatal crash were travelling in a black Honda CRX which was involved in a head-on collision with a BMW and a Jeep Cherokee.
The driver of the BMW, a 26-year-old man from Chelmsford, suffered from shock after the collision but was otherwise unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
The woman driver of the Cherokee and a 14-year-old boy who was a passenger in the vehicle were taken to hospital and later discharged. It is understood that the boy suffered from chest injuries. They were also from the Chelmsford area.
Police were yesterday in contact with the families of the two victims, a 20-year-old man from the Halstead area and an 18-year-old woman from Braintree.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
They were certified dead shortly after the collision. Three fire crews - two from Chelmsford and rescue tender personnel from Colchester - used heavy cutting equipment to free the victims from the Honda.
The stretch of the A130 where the crash happened was closed to traffic until around 9.30am yesterday while traffic police and forensic experts conducted a meticulous search for evidence.
Police have arrested two men - an 18-year-old and a 20-year-old - in connection with the collision.
They were driving a Ford Focus and a Toyota MR2 in the same direction as the Honda when the accident happened and are both from the Halstead area.
Both have been released on police bail until January while the investigation into the accident is carried out.
Yesterday police appealed for anybody who saw any of the vehicles involved on the A130 before the crash or saw the collision itself to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chelmsford road policing officers on 01245 240625.