Two arrests after ‘large disturbance’ in Earls Colne following England’s World Cup win
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested following a large disturbance in Essex – soon after England’s World Cup win against Panama on Sunday.
Police were called just after 4pm to reports of a fight breaking out between a large group of people outside Drapers Hotel, in High Street, Earls Colne.
Officers attended and dispersed the crowd as a man was treated by paramedics for a head injury and taken to hospital. His injury was not life-threatening.
Two men, aged 58 and 33, were arrested on suspicion of assault.
Detective Sergeant Becky Young from Braintree CID said: “This was an unacceptable incident leaving one person injured.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working to identify further people who we believe to have been involved.
“Anyone with information who hasn’t spoken to us yet, please get in touch.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
If you know anything, contact Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.