Two arrests in connection with three cannabis factories
TWO people have been arrested in connection with three cannabis factories discovered in Suffolk.
The arrests were made after police officers discovered more than 150 plants at three separate addresses - one in Beccles, one in Oulton Broad and one in Lowestoft on Friday.
A 55-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of producing cannabis and possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
And a 59-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the production of cannabis.
Officers from the Territorial Support Team initially executed a warrant at a house in Ballygate in Beccles and discovered more than 40 cannabis plants being grown in two bedrooms at the address.
You may also want to watch:
Forty-eight plants were found inside and a further 14 outside in the back yard of the property. Police also seized five shotguns from the house.
Following the warrant police then carried out further searches of homes at Herons Close in Oulton Broad, Wenhaston Way in Lowestoft and at Halt Road in Caister-on-Sea – and cannabis plants were found at two of these.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
At Herons Close officers discovered a second cannabis factory where another 48 plants were being grown and these were seized along with growing equipment including lights and hydroponics.
At Wenhaston Way a growing set-up, 44 plants and 19 cuttings were seized and at Halt Road more growing equipment was discovered.
Both the 55-year-old man and the 59-year-old woman have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft Police Station on August 20, pending further enquiries.