Two cars overturn in A14 crash
TWO people are receiving medical treatment after two cars overturned in a serious collision the A14.
Fire crews from Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket and two rescue vehicles have been called to the scene on the eastbound carriageway of the A14 at Kentford near to the slip road with the A11.
Crews arrived at the scene shortly after 9am.
A spokesperson for the fire service said that a black Vauxhall Astra and a silver Suburu Impreza had overturned following the crash, leaving one car on a grass verge and the other on the fast lane of the eastbound carriageway.
The East of England Ambulance Service and the air ambulance has been called to the crash to assess those injured in the crash. One lane of the eastbound carriageway was blocked for around 45minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The westbound carriageway was also closed temporarily when the air ambulance landed.
The crash is believed to have left those involved with minor injuries.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 7 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 8 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs