Two die in crash horror
TWO motorists were killed last night in an accident on a Suffolk road just outside Ipswich.The collision, involving a Volkswagen Gulf and a Seat, happened at 7.
TWO motorists were killed last night in an accident on a Suffolk road just outside Ipswich.
The collision, involving a Volkswagen Gulf and a Seat, happened at 7.20pm along the Somersham Road at Bramford.
Both men in the Gulf, which was travelling in the direction of the B1113 from Little Blakenham towards Bramford, died in the crash.
The two females in the Seat were taken to Ipswich Hospital, but their injuries were not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance, two paramedics, three fire engines and police all attended the incident, which was reported by an off duty paramedic.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: “I can confirm that at 7.22pm this evening police were called to an accident where a Volkswagen Gulf motor vehicle and a Seat motor vehicle were in collision.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
“As a result the two male occupants of the Gulf suffered fatal injuries and the two female occupants of the Seat were taken to Heath Road Hospital, where their injuries are not thought to be serious.
“Unfortunately that is all the information I can release at this time. We will be launching an accident investigation and would appeal to anybody who saw either vehicles to contact us.”
A spokesperson for East Anglian Ambulance added: “One of our paramedics who was off duty reported the accident at around 7.20pm.
“When the ambulance arrived they were already attending to some of the others who had minor injuries.
“We believe that the two fatalities are both young males.”
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire Service added: “Two fire appliances from Princes Street and one from headquarters attended the scene.
“Although we were called there were no rescues to be performed and so we had a supervisory role.”
Anyone with information should contact Pc Melanie Savage at the Suffolk Road Policing Unit on 01473 613735.