Two dogs rescued from bungalow fire in Gosfield
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have rescued two dogs from a home which caught fire this morning.
Crews from Halstead and Braintree were sent to the bungalow in Braintree Road, Gosfield, at 10.45am after a neighbour spotted smoke coming from an external air vent.
On arrival the firefighters discovered a blaze had broken out in the utility room after a head torch charger caught alight.
As the home’s occupants, who were not there at the time, had shut the door to the room the fire had been contained.
Firefighters had completely extinguished the blaze by 11.50am, before using a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots and using a fan to clear the property of smoke.
They also checked that two dogs – a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a Boxer – who were in another room were unharmed.
The utility room was completely smoke damaged, but damage to the rest of the bungalow was kept to a minimum.
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 5 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 7 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 10 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
The cause of the fire has been recorded as accidental.