Two horses shot in the face with airgun in Stradishall
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after two horses were shot in face with an airgun in Stradishall.
The incident happened between 5.30pm and 6.30pm on Thursday, October 5, at an address in The Street.
One horse was hit in the face and the other in the face and leg causing injuries that required a vet to sedate the animals and remove the pellets.
Police want to trace two men spotted in the village at around 5.50pm the same day.
One of the men was carrying a green canvas gun bag over his shoulder.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as 5ft 6ins, aged around 19 years old, of skinny build with mousey cropped hair.
He was wearing jeans and a green jumper with a zip at the neck.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
The second man was aged in his early 20s, about 5ft 8ins tall with scruffy mousey brown hair and had a short beard.
He was wearing a white t-shirt with a pattern on and blue jeans.
Both men were described as laughing when they were spotted in the village. Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that could assist officers in their investigation is asked to call police on 101 quoting crime number 37/65306/17.
Owners of horses in the area are asked to remain vigilant for people looking out of place or acting suspiciously.