Two hurt during ‘violent assault’ in Ipswich town centre shop
- Credit: Archant
A man was attacked and a woman dragged up a flight of stairs in what police are describing as a violent assault in a shop in Ipswich town centre on Saturday morning.
The incident took place at 9.30am in a premises in Upper Orwell Street.
A man entered the store and assaulted the male victim, grabbing him around the neck.
Another man then entered and grabbed the female victim, dragging her up a staircase and pinning her down.
The male victim was then further assaulted by the first suspect, who threw him to the ground before kicking him in the head.
You may also want to watch:
He sustained minor wounds to his head and face.
Nothing is believed to have been stolen during the incident.
- 1 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 9 Takeaway owner fined £3.5k after series of food hygiene breaches
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
Suffolk police has released CCTV images of two men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
The first man is described as white but with a tanned complexion, at least 6 foot tall, of a strong build, aged in his thirties, with dark coloured hair and was wearing a black jacket and sunglasses when he entered the shop.
The second man is described as white, bald, shorter than the first man, aged in his thirties and was wearing dark coloured clothing and sunglasses.
Anyone who can identify the men in the images or who has any further information relating to the incident is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 101 quoting crime reference IC/15/4379.