Two hurt in village accident
A motorist was taken to hospital with a broken leg following a two vehicle smash near Newmarket this morning.The crash happened at 7.40am on the B1052 Brinkley Road in Westley Waterless.
A motorist was taken to hospital with a broken leg following a two vehicle smash near Newmarket this morning.
The crash happened at 7.40am on the B1052 Brinkley Road in Westley Waterless.
Firefighters had to cut free the injured driver using specialist equipment and another person was treated for minor injuries.
An ambulance and fire crews from Newmarket, Linton and Cambridge were called to the incident, which involved a car and a van.
Both crash victims were taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment. The road was cleared and made safe using granules to absorb spilt fuel.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win