Two in court after burglary
TWO men are to appear in court today after being charged in connection with a burglary in Clacton.
The men, both from Canvey Island in south Essex, will appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court after they were arrested on the A12 on Sunday afternoon.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “Police were contacted shortly after 2.30pm on Sunday May 9 following reports that two men had threatened a 41-year-old woman with a firearm in a house in Sillet close before driving off in a vehicle.
“Officers arrived at the scene and later arrested two men on the A12 near Kelvedon after the police helicopter tracked them down.”
David Coe, 31, from Wittem Road, Canvey Island, and 46-year-old Richard Sayers, from Hernen Road, Canvey Island, have each been charged with one count of being in possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear and one count of aggravated burglary.
You may also want to watch:
They have been held in police custody since their arrest and will appear at court later today.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car