Arrests made after police chase suspected watch robbers in Chelmsford city centre
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of robbery after an expensive watch was stolen from an Essex jewellers.
The incident happened at Fish Bros Ltd in High Street, Chelmsford, at around 4.30pm on Thursday, February 8.
Essex Police received reports that suspects stole a watch before running off.
Officers attended and after a short chase on foot they arrested a 25-year-old man from Hammersmith and a 21-year-old man from Hayes.
The pair remain in custody for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “At this stage we believe three suspects remain outstanding.”
A third person who was detained at the scene has been released.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 8 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
Anyone with information is asked to contact Essex Police on 101 quoting incident 687 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.