A Suffolk care home has a Sherlock Holmes themed room
- Credit: Archant
A care home in Bury St Edmunds has converted some of its rooms into fun themed spaces for residents.
Glastonbury Court care home in Bury St Edmunds has created two quirky rooms for its residents to enjoy.
The two themed rooms consist of Sherlock Holmes’ lounge and a dotty shop.
The Sherlock lounge includes the detectives’s iconic hat, pipe and cape - the team at Glastonbury Court also hope to make the room interactive with mystery solving games.
Dotty’s, the care home’s brand new shop, is the second new themed room. The aim behind the shop is to give residents independence as they are able to shop for anything they need.
You may also want to watch:
Glastonbury Court is now working on additional projects including a train station waiting room which will incorporate a trip from London to Shanghai.
The staff also plans to convert one of the suites into a street in Bury, where residents’ doors will be painted in the colours they remember their own doors being in their younger years.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
Sharlene Van Tonder, home manager at Glastonbury Court, said: “The new themed areas are wonderful additions to the care home. It’s great that we had the resident’s input in creating these spaces as it was vital that they would be areas for everyone to enjoy.
“We had a lot of fun coming up with and executing the concepts, and feedback so far has been brilliant. The new rooms provide wonderful reminiscence opportunities and are a great way to spark conversation.
“We are looking forward to completing additional projects in the future as these interactive spaces will make the home even more special for the residents.”