Two police officers stabbed during incident in Chelmsford
A 50-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and grievous bodily harm after she is alleged to have stabbed two police officers.
The incident happened in Chelmsford shortly after 11pm on Friday, December 1.
Essex Police was called to a property in Springfield Road as there was concern for someone’s welfare.
On arrival, two police officers were alledgedly approached by a woman with a knife.
A spokeswoman for Essex Police said: “The woman has stabbed one officer in the leg and a second in the hand.”
You may also want to watch:
During the altercation, the suspect suffered a head injury and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment.
Her injuries are not life-threatening or life-changing, the police spokeswoman said.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
The woman has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and grievous bodily harm and remains in hospital.
Both the stabbed officers were rushed to hospital.
One officer remains in hospital awaiting surgery and the second has received treatment but will need to return due to the severity of the injury to his hand.
A number of officers attended and a cordon is currently in place at the property to allow investigations to take place.