Two senior members of Essex academy trust suspended pending investigation
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
The suspensions of Nardeep Sharma, chief executive officer of the Thrive Partnership Academy Trust, and Catherine Hutley were confirmed on Friday.
The trust runs Colchester’s Philip Morant School and College and Colne Community School and College in Brightlingsea. Ms Hutley is principal of Philip Morant and executive head at Colne.
Mr Sharma, who was given an OBE last year, is also involved in New School, which is proposed for the former Alderman Blaxill school site in Colchester.
A Thrive Partnership Academy spokesman said: “Suspension is a neutral act and enables the Trust to carry out further work to establish the facts of the situation.
“There is no timeframe for this as yet, but in the interest of all parties we will seek to conclude as soon as possible.
“We have established interim arrangements for the leadership of our schools.”
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 5 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off